SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I did a search already

06 Aero 6speed manual.

How do I get the shifter off without hacking it up. I redid the leather and cannot get it back on properly without removing the shifter first.

Thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
specifically how to remove the GEAR KNOB

The leather came undone. To tuck it back under and round the knob I need to remove the knob.

Sorry for not being clear

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For anyone who may come into this thread now. I am in no way patient, so I just tried to stuff the leather back up in where I thought it belonged. Anyways, I ended up cutting the original piece to "make it fit." I had it 90% tucked in and then noticed a small plastic ring was sliding out the bottom. Pulled on it gently and it fell out. This is what holds the leather in place-tucked in on the bottom.

Needless to say...and hour and a half later I have a piece of leather that doesn't fit, and now found the EASY WAY to tuck the leather back in.

So as an update tomorrow I will take pictures just in-case anyone wants to replace the leather on their shift knob. I know it is typical to wear out. Instead of destroying your gear lever removing it-there are alternatives to make it custom.

I'm running to the fabric store tomorrow to see what kind of leather patterns they have. I'll keep this up to date when I can

1 - 4 of 4 Posts