SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started out with 5th being hard to shift, as the stick was getting hung up on something. then eventually with would go and when forced gave this feeling as if it was very sticky, literally. found out the plate holding down the stick was loose (there was a took to fix that i discovered in the side door. then it shifts to 5th without getting stuck, but still gives the new sticky feeling. does that make sence? does anyone know what this might be and if its worth taking it in?

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
it might be just a bit of alignment adjustment required, dear friend jim m will advise you best, but it is in the bentley manual, you have to put it in a gear?? loosen lock nut and then retighten os something like that and it will then work ok, also check the length of the pin on bottom of g/lever i think it's supposed to protude 22?mm

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
It's been my experience that a gearbox that was working properly never benefits from adjusting the linkage unless there was crash damage; even then it rarely helps.
Adjusting the reverse lock-out pin in the shifter is sometimes needed and the rubber shift couplings get soft and need replacement sometimes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts