SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I've just bought my first car, a 1992 manual Saab 900i. I'm cleaning up the interior and noticed that the gear knob has twisted anticlockwise around 80 degrees. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this before and/or knows how to fix it.

Looks like this picture I found.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Can you just twist the knob back clockwise? That's all I do with my '87. Expect the entire shaft to rotate, not just the knob on the shaft.

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
you will probably find it's just the 'badge' that's twisted/turned, flip it out with a small thin flat blade screwdriver and then put it back in it's proper place withy some super glue underneath;ol;
P.s. I don't think this is a C900, as our gear housing area's are nothing like this, It is either an early (19930nwards..check title etc) GM 900 unless Oz had different housings to everyone else

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok I will try just moving the badge around, it's the main thing bothering me within the interior of the car. Thanks.
(I found the picture on the internet to show what had happened to mine, not necessarily my car or the same model).
Is it fairly easy to get it out with a small flat-tip without damaging it?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
As Alwyne (16 saabs) has said. It's just the plastic insert has moved. Lever it out with a thin blade. Stick it back in any position you like with some superglue. Don't try twisting the gear-stick. That doesn't move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts