SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just wanted to say Hi to all you crazy SAAB Fans out there. I just joined the club a couple of days back and this site was awesome in getting lots of data real fast.

I am really new to Saab's and I can’t believe I never had one before. I had a '83 280 SEL which I loved to death but had to sell recently.

Still getting used to the feel of all the extra power (The Turbo as apposed to the 2.8l straight 6)

I have read through a fair bit on the 2 main issues that surround these beauties being the Sludge issue and the dreaded AC fault code error.

I'm not real confidant about the servicing the previous owner undertook so have planed on dropping the sump doing a flush and getting a new filters and oil in to her over the weekend.

The SID Pixel's are also pretty bad so plan on fixing that up as well. Thanks for all the info guys. I haven’t even started the work as yet nor have I got my hands on a Hynes Manual but I have compiled a manual of sorts with all the hints from the site.

I hail from Melbourne Australia and hope to be an active member in this group. Hope to add my two cents worth soon!!!

Cheers
Dilan

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Looks real nice. I'm partial though because I have the same car including rear spoiler! :cool:

What year do you have and how many miles?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hello Dilan :p

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Nice looking car. Those are my favorite wheels on the 9-5 and 9-3

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pab95 said:
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Looks real nice. I'm partial though because I have the same car including rear spoiler! :cool:

What year do you have and how many miles?
Hi Pab, Thanks for the comments! It says that it's a 97 on the registration but just decoded the VIN and it tells me that it's a 98 out from Trollhattan, so not really sure I love the spoiler too! It's got 152k KM's on the clock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kermit said:
Welcome aboard Dilan...is the car lowered already? It looks to be riding low. :cool:
Hi Kermit ! It feels quite low. Is there any way I can check to see if it has been lowered? (eg Distance from road to front lip ?) Taking her in for her first service on Monday. I decided to take her to the Stealership for the first one as they can run a full diagnostics and let me know if there are any surprises that may come up in the future. I'll probably do the fuel/pollen and air filters by my self though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
greenmatt said:
No its on the right side. Nica car dilanja. What sort of exhaust does it have?
I guess it's the right side on this side of the world! :p

Need to have a crawl under and see if there are any mods on the exhaust or whether it's the stock one. I do get a nice purr when she takes of though. ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
dilanja said:
Hi Kermit ! It feels quite low. Is there any way I can check to see if it has been lowered? (eg Distance from road to front lip ?) Taking her in for her first service on Monday. I decided to take her to the Stealership for the first one as they can run a full diagnostics and let me know if there are any surprises that may come up in the future. I'll probably do the fuel/pollen and air filters by my self though.
Generally speaking, the gap between top of the wheel and the arch is the giveaway. Comparing the front gap to mine prior to a lowered suspension would suggest it has been fitted with shorter shocks at some point.

Standard suspension.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome to SC, it's a great bunch of people here from all over.

Nice car and great wheels! In a recent poll on this site, I think those wheels may have come in first, good choice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts