SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Taking the taillights out took like 10 minutes with a flat head and a 10mm. I had masking tape laying around. I had a whole can of Nightshade VHT laying around for years. I had some lens restorer kit laying around. I had time. I put it together and got this. Zero cost. I asked around. Everyone approved. I dont know what else to call this "mod." I saw someone else do it on here and they called it that so yeah. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks amazing!!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
No joke. I've never wanted a 93 until now. From tip to tails you've done an outstanding job. What is the color on the centers called? Great choice to swap the lights.

I hate the black around the taillights like that
Whatever Adam!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
That looks awesome! I first saw your pictures in the other thread and assumed you swapped 08 tails and applied red film to the top sections. I wonder how it would look on my black aero? I actually have some nightshade laying around, maybe I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait wait guys. I want to make sure I was clear. These are 07 tails. The red ones. NOT the 08 ice blocks. That's why I called it the 08 taillight "mod" and not swap.

Like what the 08 ice blocks have, I painted a black border outline around the light to match the 08s. Or at least be similar. This is why the lens is red, not clear. Because its an 07 taillight lol.

Im not a fan of the ice blocks too much. But there is too much red on the 07 tails so this is what I did. Took me all day. The masking off is hard. There is a point where you go into no mans land and have to start measuring distance with a ruler to be sure you are staying even. It was frustrating.

So yeah guys. These are 07 taillights. Not 08 ice blocks. I'm really happy you guys like it. I was on the fence about it for a while. Keep the comments coming! Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Did you read my mind? Seriously, I was thinking about doing the exact same thing! I was going to use plastidip as a test so that I could peel it off if I didn't like it. I was wondering what to use to make it look "OE" as plastidip would be too obvious, nightshades really seems to pull it off. Great job!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Did you read my mind? Seriously, I was thinking about doing the exact same thing! I was going to use plastidip as a test so that I could peel it off if I didn't like it. I was wondering what to use to make it look "OE" as plastidip would be too obvious, nightshades really seems to pull it off. Great job!
Plastidip was harder. Now that you know you like it, I'd paint.

Some more of my shots. Real glad you guys like this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you should put chrome indicator bulbs to clean up your headlights! and the blacked out grille on your silver paint makes the car look like it's missing its nose lol

very clean car though, really want mine to look as good as yours one day. what size rotors are those!?

·
Registered
134 Posts
This just might be my favorite saab on the Here... mind you I have a newer body style but its something about that body style that I like so much.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The '08+ iceblocks fit 03-07, so I don't see why it wouldn't work both ways.

I'm sort of a purist with my cars, very rarely like mods. I love this one. If I still had my '03, I might be considering it. Though I worry it may only look as sharp on specific colors. Nice job, regardless!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you should put chrome indicator bulbs to clean up your headlights! and the blacked out grille on your silver paint makes the car look like it's missing its nose lol

very clean car though, really want mine to look as good as yours one day. what size rotors are those!?
I've heard to do the chrome bulb thing. Meh. I think I just don't care enough. I would have to switch out the little light on the fender too since its a similar color.

Stock rotors. Stock calipers. And thank you good sir. I'll take the chrome bulbs into consideration.

This just might be my favorite saab on the Here... mind you I have a newer body style but its something about that body style that I like so much.
I guess that says a lot lol. Thank you! As for the taillights I don't think there are any after markets. But like what was said, the 07-08 should fit vise versa.

I'm sort of a purist with my cars, very rarely like mods. I love this one. If I still had my '03, I might be considering it. Though I worry it may only look as sharp on specific colors. Nice job, regardless!
I wonder that too. Like, what would this look like on a black car? Or white car? Hmm. But thank you for the compliment!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts