SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting a few gauges in my 92x. Probably a Boost, EGT and one other. I don't really like the gauge pods that simply replace the clock panel. I'd rather put an A-pillar pod in. Does anyone know if the full pillar for the WRX would also fit a 92x? Also, what other gauge would you guys put in? Has anyone heard anything about the HKS Turbo Timer? Quality, etc. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
92xdriver86 said:
I am looking at putting a few gauges in my 92x. Probably a Boost, EGT and one other. I don't really like the gauge pods that simply replace the clock panel. I'd rather put an A-pillar pod in. Does anyone know if the full pillar for the WRX would also fit a 92x? Also, what other gauge would you guys put in? Has anyone heard anything about the HKS Turbo Timer? Quality, etc. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
The A pillar is exactly the same. An A pillar pod would work fine.

If you are doing things to your engine, make sure you have an EGT gauge. Oil pressure/oil temp are good ones too, but you can get away with just oil pressure (when the pressure stabilizes the temperature has stabilized).

However, IMO a stock WRX gauge pod (manufactured by llamco) with an omori gauge installed on the steering column looks much nicer. You probably don't need EGT or oil press/temp gauages unless you are doing stuff that might blow up your engine (like playing with a UTEC).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Aegon said:
The A pillar is exactly the same. An A pillar pod would work fine.

If you are doing things to your engine, make sure you have an EGT gauge. Oil pressure/oil temp are good ones too, but you can get away with just oil pressure (when the pressure stabilizes the temperature has stabilized).

However, IMO a stock WRX gauge pod (manufactured by llamco) with an omori gauge installed on the steering column looks much nicer. You probably don't need EGT or oil press/temp gauages unless you are doing stuff that might blow up your engine (like playing with a UTEC).
I have the Omori gauges in intrument bezel. Here are some pics.

Rudi

·
Registered
79 Posts
92xdriver86 said:
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get ur gauges and pod? Also, about how much was it?
I got them from www.j-spectuning.com ordered them through a guy there named Thaison. I paid $400 shipped. That included a new plug that is needed to make the oil temp gauge working. I had a shop install my short shifter and gauges, that install ran another $400, I'm sure if you where just installing the gauges it would be less than $400.

Rudi

·
Registered
80 Posts
on my wrx i have the omari boost, and it was 100$ form j-spec. the omari is really nice becasue it lights yellow and green, just liek my stock gauges. are 92-X gauges also green and yellow needled?

·
Registered
86 Posts
FWIW - The STi Genome gauges (Defi d-Link gagues rebadged) in the Defi dash-top pod are super pimp.

PM me if you're interested.

Boost, Oil temp, Oil pressure and water temp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts