SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the junk yard yesterday and found an awsome, in perfect order cruise control setup. I got the vacuum regulator (which mine is torn) the electronic control unit, the vacuum pump and all the hoses. Which are PERFECT. The problem is. If everyone could open their bentley bibles to page 368-1 and check out the diagram. I dont know what 1 is, Speed transmitter. Oh the one thing I forgot to grab was the relay. I acedently grabbed something else. the 2 black relays next to the cruise relay. On my cruise setup I dont hear anything. nothing which is why i grabbed everying (almost) if there is no vacuum would I still get a click or anything? also I didnt grab the switches #6. I want to take smokescreen on a long trip but hate not having cruise.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
davidlytle said:
I just went to the junk yard yesterday and found an awsome, in perfect order cruise control setup. I got the vacuum regulator (which mine is torn) the electronic control unit, the vacuum pump and all the hoses. Which are PERFECT. The problem is. If everyone could open their bentley bibles to page 368-1 and check out the diagram. I dont know what 1 is, Speed transmitter. Oh the one thing I forgot to grab was the relay. I acedently grabbed something else. the 2 black relays next to the cruise relay. On my cruise setup I dont hear anything. nothing which is why i grabbed everying (almost) if there is no vacuum would I still get a click or anything? also I didnt grab the switches #6. I want to take smokescreen on a long trip but hate not having cruise.
As far as I know the speed signal is derived from an extra feature of the later VDO speedo heads. There's an extra connector on the rear of the speedo casing and I think there are two or perhaps three variations on that itself, but the general gist is that the speed signal comes from the speedo. Sort of makes sense since they the speed reading you see on the speedo matches what the cruise-control control box is being fed.

I think my 89 900i has wiring for cruise control but I still haven't identified all the unknown connectors behind the dash or in front of the vacuum tank above the right/front wheel, so some of those could be for cruise-related componentry.

Craig.

Craig.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also on page 368-2 take a look at the diagram Fig2 just left of the arrow, what is that? I questioned a hole in the spedo a while back and no one knew what that was. now in the bentley it shows some sort of cable or hose. hmmm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts