SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all!,

i need to find the gaskets for the oil feed and oil return line from the turbo. no one around here seems to carry it, and ive checked eeurodepot and partsforsaab.com, but i didnt seem them on there. Anyone know where to get them? or is it safe or a good idea to use the paper gasket sheets "to make your own" gaskets? I would think it would burn up, right? I really need to fix this, im losing waaaaay too much oil! anyone have spares?

thanks

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Did you try the guys at Peninsula Imports in Oakville (QEW and Bronte)

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I got mine from www.eeuroparts.com and it didn't cost very much at all (maybe a few bucks). The problem was running up the bill so I could get free shipping :lol:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Only $40 I got property in the land of the free Saabs and cheap parts! :D

·
4,637 Posts
jerrys said:
paper gasket sheets "to make your own" gaskets? I would think it would burn up, right?
I used this with mine. Still dry two years later...

To use this stuff, lay it against the mating face, tap gently with the edge of a spanner to define the edges and holes. Tap enough and the spanner against the edges will 'cut' the gasket to the correct shape...

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I got a price from a turbo supplier - they wanted more info on the turbo so I said I'd have to take it off the car to get it, and did they have any gaskets? So they sent me a free set :D And then I got a dirt cheap brand new turbo off ebay so didn't need the recon one anyway ;oops:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all for the replys! ill check to oakville place if i havent fixed the problem next time im down in mississauga! im pretty sure i havent seen them on eeuroparts, ill look again!

thanks agian!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Make sure you put your car in as a turbo model not a 1988 900 S :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts