SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

I just recently noticed my passenger side gas tank strap broke on one end on my 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T and was scraping on the ground. Ironically, after i just filled up the gas tank.
Thankfully I was able to limp it home, but now i'm trying to look up a good replacement option and it looks like it's a tough go.

The options on ebay and amazon are 120 to 130 for each side
The other cheapest options i've been able to find are the following, and they're around 90 bucks:

I don't know if there are any other options out there, like generic straps that might work. Or something meant for the 9-5's that might fit the same
Anybody ever gone through this or know of the different sources/options?

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Junkyard with Saabs? Maybe grab the strap for both sides, just in case.

The straps seem to come in LH and RH versions. It looks like any sedan/wagon straps from a 2.0 will work, if I am reading EPC correctly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Junkyard with Saabs? Maybe grab the strap for both sides, just in case.

The straps seem to come in LH and RH versions. It looks like any sedan/wagon straps from a 2.0 will work, if I am reading EPC correctly.
Eh, i'm not sure if i'd be ok with junkyard straps. They'd probably be just as rusted or on their way to
Plus, there's not a lot of Saab's up here in the Northeast US where i live. Let alone ones you could find in junkyards locally
Heck, it doesn't even look like they're sold on ebay by junkyards, like some other parts might be like strut assemblies

·
Registered
99 Posts
Eh, i'm not sure if i'd be ok with junkyard straps. They'd probably be just as rusted or on their way to
Plus, there's not a lot of Saab's up here in the Northeast US where i live. Let alone ones you could find in junkyards locally
Heck, it doesn't even look like they're sold on ebay by junkyards, like some other parts might be like strut assemblies
Not a lot of Saabs in the Northeast? This was some prime Saab land when they were around.

Call Goldwing. Theyre not going to sell you rusted straps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I agree. I'm originally from the Northeast..NH. Where in the Northeast are you? There are lots of Saabs there, but rust is your enemy. filetfellini is right, Goldwing won't sell you a rusty part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts