SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm Adrian and new to these forums haha.
I've had an account for a while and been browsing around getting all my questions answered.
Recently I filled up my gas tank and looked at the gauge for a pretty long time to make sure my eyes weren't fooling me. I looked at the gauge and saw that the arrow doesn't reach the top marker, even after the car stopped the fuel because it was full. I uploaded pictures to show you guys, nothing too dramatic but just wondering what the problem would be. Both my mom's and dad's cars don't have this problem, theirs always reaches the F.
Thanks for looking, hopefully I'll get some good responses ;P And if it is a problem, would Tech 2 be able to fix it or would something else need to be done?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Its possible that your fuel line sender needs to be replaced.If this is the case then if you are mechanically inclined you could replace the sender yourself. There's a good thread with a demonstration on how to do this; hopefully someone will be able to find it for you. If not it'll be a 250-300 dollar job if you take it to a good mechanic and about 800 at a Saab dealer.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
IMO That's not the result of the fuel sender, the fuel sender issue drops the guage to zero/empty. I'm thinking sticky needle. Just Dealing with it and being aware of your fueling habits would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for responding.
Yea I was just wondering what would be the cause of the problem and if it's fixable by myself. I mean, I fill up the tank when I reach a quarter anyway so that's not a problem for me. But thank you for your opinions on this topic. If anyone else has any input on this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
On the older 9-3's the gas guage readings could be changed with the Tech-II. I don't have the latest WIS on this PC, otherwise I would check, but I have no reason to think that Saab took a step backwards... Ron

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey guys, I'm Adrian and new to these forums haha.
I've had an account for a while and been browsing around getting all my questions answered.
Recently I filled up my gas tank and looked at the gauge for a pretty long time to make sure my eyes weren't fooling me. I looked at the gauge and saw that the arrow doesn't reach the top marker, even after the car stopped the fuel because it was full. I uploaded pictures to show you guys, nothing too dramatic but just wondering what the problem would be. Both my mom's and dad's cars don't have this problem, theirs always reaches the F.
Thanks for looking, hopefully I'll get some good responses ;P And if it is a problem, would Tech 2 be able to fix it or would something else need to be done?
do your parents have an 07+?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My 2008 reads like this when it is full too. My 2003 read exactly at the full mark. I think it has something to do with the new instrument cluster. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do your parents have an 07+?
Nope the 07' 9-3 2.0T is mine ;P They bought it for me.
My mom drives an 01' Camry XLE V6, and dad drives 00' Plymouth Voyager.
I joined the forum a while ago but never had enough time to go on it. I've creeped it and stuff but never posted since school is almost always in the way. I'm a senior at Plainville High in Plainville, CT, USA. Got the car in late October and loved it since haha. No mods yet, but looking to do the DIY intake. Getting a lot of information and stuff about tuning and other things from a friend that drives an STi. But you guys are super helpful, and i really appreciate everyone putting their two cents in on this problem haha.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My 2008 reads like this when it is full too. My 2003 read exactly at the full mark. I think it has something to do with the new instrument cluster. I wouldn't worry about it.
thats what im thinking to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts