SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in for an inspection. I had no issues with the car, but just wanted to make sure all was good as it has 135K miles on it. I was told that my power steering pump was leaking and needed replacement. I had no symptoms of issues with the power steering pump. The car turned great and made no noise. The mechanic said the fluid level was normal, but was leaking.The mechanic also said there were little metal chips inside it. I had it replaced and immediately after, I noticed that it was hard to steer. It required a lot more effort to steer the car and I had to slow down more to make a turn.

I brought the car back. They looked at it and said there was some malfunction on the pump (they used a pump called Masterpro which I googled and it sells at O'Reilly Auto Parts). I told them I would like to use the OEM Saab steering pump, and I ordered it myself to save money (they were marking it up 91%). I got it replaced and the guy told me over the phone that it was a little better than it was before, but not the way it originally was before anything was fixed. I asked if there could possibly be a malfunction with this Saab pump too, and he said there wasn't. Disappointed, I picked up the car and there was absolutely no improvement in it. It's still very stiff, and the car is no longer fun to drive. What should I do next and what might be the cause?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts