SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered NGK 6619 iridium plugs to replace unknown brand and mileage plugs on my 2.8t Saab, but I'm reading a lot of information saying not to gap plugs and there's a gap limit. Can someone let me know if these are good for what I'm doing, I've never messed with sparkplugs before so I am clueless.
Brian from Vtuner recommends me to gap my plugs to .80mm to prevent misfire at higher boost levels for the stage0 tune.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't know about the 2.8, but I addressed a miss on my 2.0 by going to .85mm. Just be careful with the center electrode. I wouldn't use a silver dollar sized sliding disc gapper, for example.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Why your ordered LFR6AIX-11 spark plugs?
Correct spark plug is NGK PLFR6C-10G.

·
Super Moderator
2,095 Posts
Denso Iridium IKH22 is the best bet for a tuned 2.8, and Brian at VTuner will back me up on that.

·
Super Moderator
2,095 Posts
Reactions: Saab93sportcombi07

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know about the 2.8, but I addressed a miss on my 2.0 by going to .85mm. Just be careful with the center electrode. I wouldn't use a silver dollar sized sliding disc gapper, for example.
You are correct, the sliding gap tool is not the right way to gap is what I found out after research. Thank you for letting me know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just ordered NGK 6619 iridium plugs to replace unknown brand and mileage plugs on my 2.8t Saab, but I'm reading a lot of information saying not to gap plugs and there's a gap limit. Can someone let me know if these are good for what I'm doing, I've never messed with sparkplugs before so I am clueless.
Brian from Vtuner recommends me to gap my plugs to .80mm to prevent misfire at higher boost levels for the stage0 tune.
You can check on the spark plug manufacturers website and they say not to gap iridiums. I think for fear of damaging the iridium coating. I have a traditionalist approach to car repair/maintenance and i trust the engineers who built the car or manufactured the parts.
As far as your fancy tuning specs go, thats all at the liberty of whoever is setting it up. Hopefully they have done enough testing to justify their advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts