SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to repair the valve body in 2007 93 aero with a transgo kit, here's where I am rigt now. I should be able to reach every bolt with a short extension, and I will take off the coolant hose. The only thing that might be in the way is the wire harness, which is bolted on right next to top of the valve body. I feel like I can avoid it by sliding the cover down before removing from the top. Is this enough space? WIS has a ton of extra steps, requiring removal of multiple harnesses, pipe to turbo, etc. I'm wondering if I'm ok here in your experience and if you see something else that must be removed.
20210501_180112.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gentlemen,

How do I disconnect these (blue one in the picture)? I understand I need to press the small tab in at the bottom (covered with trans fluid in the picture) and pull, but the plastic is really hardened and it doesn't seem to move. I don't want to damage it. Is there a trick?

Thanks, it's been hell.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone that decides to do this - it's doable, but you need a valve body, not the kit. You have to break the tabs to pull solenoid connectors as the plastic is hardened, and I'm not trying to glue them in after that. For now, I hope it still works once I put it back together, will probably give it another go in the summer once I get the valve body. I can't believe no one ever mentioned this.

Unless you somehow heat it up once it's open in that tight space...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Did you try this?
valveconnector1.png valveconnector2.png
It goes without saying that 14 year old exposed plastic parts will be brittle, so a gentle touch is required, and even that sometimes isn't enough.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try this?
View attachment 280679 View attachment 280680
It goes without saying that 14 year old exposed plastic parts will be brittle, so a gentle touch is required, and even that sometimes isn't enough.
Weird, how did I not see this in WIS... My valve body is still uncovered, I might give this one last shot tomorrow. I did try it this way, but it wasn't budging and I stopped. Seeing the picture gives me more confidence for sure. The side clips do come off easy, no need for a screwdriver.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
They left that little bit out of the procedure for the FA57; those pics are from the AF40.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They left that little bit out of the procedure for the FA57; those pics are from the AF40.
I believe mine is tf80sc af40, I must've missed the instructions.

Do you know where I could find new pan bolts by the way? I almost stripped a couple, would've been the end.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If your local hardware store has a decent metric selection you may find something there, but ISTR that is a per-franchise deal. If not, there's

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slapped it back together, I hope it starts. No luck on solenoids, but I can take it apart in a few hours now. If all goes well, will try to swap a remanned valve body in the summer. I kept the damaged bolts on the bottom, so they are easy to remove. I would've been a lot more adventurous if this wasn't at an apartment complex.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts