SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm putting on black 17" wheels and my calipers and really the whole brake system needs a refresh. New black wheels looks horrible w/ rusted out brakes. What type/grade of sandpaper should I use? Any recomendations about brake cleaner? I'm going to wire brush them and brake clean before i think about painting. G2 paint kit on the way though:D
It was awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure the G2 kit comes with brake cleaner..

For sanding I used a couple sand sponges. May not be the best way, but gave me pretty good results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought the Silver G2 kit. Car is black so I didn't want to do anything too "flashy" with red or orange, but rather a OE+ look like the Mercedes AMG's have their calipers. Also going to be installing new slotted rotors from BP ;ol;.

As someone else mentioned, how has this held up to brake cleaner/solution?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only been driving for a few weeks with them. Seems like they stop much better with LUK Schaffer Brake Pads pads than my OEM rotors and much less vibration when braking at freeway speeds.

I just bought the Silver G2 kit. Car is black so I didn't want to do anything too "flashy" with red or orange, but rather a OE+ look like the Mercedes AMG's have their calipers. Also going to be installing new slotted rotors from BP ;ol;.

As someone else mentioned, how has this held up to brake cleaner/solution?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts