SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... so i have a project in mind and i could use y'alls help...

i want to tap into the feed of the 'seek' button, and the phone answer button from the sterring wheel...
any of you guys have any kind of wiring diagram where the cable from those buttons lead? maybe how they connect to the stereo?
or if maybe there are some wires i can tap in at the back of the stereo connector... i have a 2004 93, with the 'cheapo' stereo... just CD and radio, and have the aux in enabled. i have the one with no screen on it.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I beleive the buttons on the steering wheel controls do not send signals direct to what they conrol, they send signals via the CANBUS which are then interpreted by the car computer and the relevant control performed.

To be able to use these buttons for any other purpose, you would need to find a way to decipher the CANBUS signal and reprogram it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
As far as i can remember the buttons do trigger a set of resistors. The resistance values are translated by the CIM to bus signals.

So there is no way to tap into a wire to get a direct function of a specific button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.