SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Been reading through the posts for the past couple of days and decided I'd better just register. I'm going to (hopefully) get my 9-2x Aero 5 speed in Artic Silver at the end of next week. Getting pretty exicted about the car now.

I'm coming from an '01 Toyota Celica GT-S. Funny but I first noticed the 9-2x while looking at the incentives page of www.gm.com. That $6000 rebate really caught my eye ... because I'm 13k miles over on the 4 year Celica lease. This is going to cost me about $1900 in over-milage penalties. So I needed money to cover that, and the rebate was the best I could do. Talked the dealer into writing me a $2000 check when I purchase the car. So I'm getting the car for $23k out the door.

What's concerning me right now is the salesman. He went through the deal with me and gave me what I think is a quote sheet showing price breakdown with MSRP, GM Employee Discount Price, tax / title etc. and rebate. I do not know the VIN number of the new car yet and the salesman states that it is sitting at the entry port (on US soil) but has not been "received" by Saab yet, and there is only a partial VIN. This makes no sense to me at all. Not to mention the entire buying process hinges on the VIN number... bank has to have the VIN to put a lien on the title, insurance company has to have the VIN before providing a binder, etc. etc.

He hopes to have the VIN for me tomorrow (it's Sunday morning as I write this). Do you think he's screwing me over? What are the real chances that I'd get the vehicle this week? Adding to my concern is that I have to take delivery of the vehicle before July 5th to qualify for the employee discount... or can they make that retroactive since I already put a deposit down to hold the car?

Anyway, I'm excited about the car and it's possibilities. Having a 4 door that I can fit four adults in plus some cargo will be a welcome change from my "small children or midgets in the back seat only" 2+2 Celica. :cheesy:

Cheers!
sn3ak3r1pmp

·
Registered
359 Posts
I dont know about VIN business but GM will most likely continue employee discount, they are so eager about market share.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've heard from multiple sources that Saab doesnt have any 9-2x's in aero's in Port..... Most dealers should have the last of their 05's in transit already. Hopefully, Yours is in Transit.....

As long as you get all the paperword done by the 5th, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's concerning me right now is the salesman. He went through the deal with me and gave me what I think is a quote sheet showing price breakdown with MSRP, GM Employee Discount Price, tax / title etc. and rebate. I do not know the VIN number of the new car yet and the salesman states that it is sitting at the entry port (on US soil) but has not been "received" by Saab yet, and there is only a partial VIN. This makes no sense to me at all. Not to mention the entire buying process hinges on the VIN number... bank has to have the VIN to put a lien on the title, insurance company has to have the VIN before providing a binder, etc. etc.
we had the same lack of info from our dealer in getting the car, it took 10 days between paying the deposit and getting the car, and in between they couldn't give us any info about where the car was or when it was arriving. I finally got a partial VIN a few days before the car arrived. I think other people have had the same issue from other dealers, so it might be a Saab problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, same issue for me. They didn't have the VIN and didn't know when the car would come in. When the car came in they faxed me the agreement of sale with the VIN and I took delivery the next day after they did the dealer prep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same here. I gave the dealer my first choices (Aero, MT, Cold, Premium, Arctic Silver), and a couple other colors that would be acceptable. The dealer told me that the deposit was refundable if I didn't like the car they got for me. The order was placed June 2, and the dealer called me on June 13 to tell me the car was in. I got the exact car I wanted, at the price I expected. I got the VIN by phone the next day, so I could arrange insurance.

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I'll just chill out then. It *is* hard to wait though :D

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Cheers,
sn3ak3rp1mp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I guess I *was* a little worried for nothing. Received a call from the salesman today and he faxed me a copy of the invoice with the full VIN. He's expecting the car by the end of the month, which is actually the end of this week! Woohoo! I'm so excited.

Basically an Aero 5 speed in Desert Silver with no options. Which is fine with me as the car comes pretty loaded to begin with, trumping by a mile the limited features of my "loaded" Celica GT-S ... and I'm not going to miss the leather seats either ... leather has no business in a car that can either pull over 0.75G on a skid pad or accelerate to 60 mph in under 7 seconds, IMHO.

Thanks again for the replies, and I'll post some tasty pics of the new 9-2x as soon as I get it home. Nothing like that fresh off the lot look.

Cheers,
sn3ak3rp1mp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! Its a great feeling when you get that phone call! :D Which of our fine SE Michigan Saab dealers are you working with?

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer told me yesterday when I picked up my 5-speed Aero that I got one of the last ones left. I live in Omaha, NE and had to go to Lincoln, NE to get mine. The dealer in Omaha couldn't get any 5-speeds in, they had 2 autos left. Definately hope yours is in transit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CAR IS AT THE DEALERSHIP! WOOHOO! Picking it up on Thursday!

racerjim said:
Congrats! Its a great feeling when you get that phone call! :D Which of our fine SE Michigan Saab dealers are you working with?
Hey Jim!

Antoine from Saab of Troy. Really good experience there (as far as sales go) don't know about service, guess we'll see.

Good to see other people in SE Michigan. I live in Howell and work in Auburn Hills.

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
sn3ak3rp1mp said:
CAR IS AT THE DEALERSHIP! WOOHOO! Picking it up on Thursday!

Hey Jim!

Antoine from Saab of Troy. Really good experience there (as far as sales go) don't know about service, guess we'll see.

Good to see other people in SE Michigan. I live in Howell and work in Auburn Hills.

Cheers,
Paul

Mine was from Saab of Troy too (Danielle). They are the class of the SE Michigan dealers IMO. I think they are in the same dealership group (Suburban Group) that own the Subaru dealer up the street as well, so I'm hopeful that service will be at least competent.

I live in Canton, work in Pontiac

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's pretty cool! I drive right down Opdyke next to the Silverdome every day... maybe we'll spot each other on the road some day.

Can't wait to pick up the car tomorrow. Going to drive down to Phantom Fireworks in Ohio to get some goodies for this weekend ... it'll help me get some miles on the car to go towards my break-in period (I'll make sure to vary the highway speeds)

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a partial VIN when i ordered my car.

Put down your deposits on your credit card, and don't sign anything. That's what I did. I knew if I was not satisfied with -anything-, i could always issue a chargeback on the card.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sn3ak3rp1mp said:
..an Aero 5 speed in Desert Silver with no options.
Bah, you got my car, jerk:evil: That's the exact car I wanted. However, being in Hawaii (one dealer only) my options were pretty limited.

I got an Aero 5mt Premium Artic Silver. Could have been worse, my San Diego buddy got stuck with the cold package. The other Aero here in HI had it too. Crazy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guy1138 said:
... Could have been worse, my San Diego buddy got stuck with the cold package. The other Aero here in HI had it too. Crazy.
I can see how the cold weather package would be a lifesaver in Hawaii :roll:

Sorry I snagged your car ... you really wanted Desert Silver? Not a very popular color from what I'm hearing. The first car the dealer was supposed to get in was artic silver w/ cold weather package, when I went in to take delivery it was desert silver w/o cold weather package. Maybe we swapped cars! I didn't really care and it was kinda nice because I financed $620 more than what I needed to pay, so the dealer cut me a check for the difference (car I took delivery of did not have the CWP, which was the original quote). So my first two car payments are almost covered! :D

The color is *really* growing on me and it looks really, really nice polished up. Plus it adds to the "sleeper" look of the car a lot, especially when I blow past people on the highway in 4th. :cool:

I *am* loving the car, if it helps you sleep better :cheesy:

Cheers,
sn3ak3rp1mp

·
Registered
17 Posts
sn3ak3rp1mp said:
Plus it adds to the "sleeper" look of the car a lot, especially when I blow past people on the highway in 4th. :cool:
That's exactly why I wanted it. The silver is pretty good, but I definitely didn't want black or red, even though they are the best looking color. I swear , I feel this car is invisible to the cops.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts