SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one year project to hook up an amp is progressing. Does anyone know which is the live side of fuse 22 (the trunk amp fuse)?

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
dz said:
Does anyone know which is the live side of fuse 22 (the trunk amp fuse)?
The trunk panel has power entering from the sides and exiting from the center.

If you want to tap a fuse for power, you need to solder the lead to one of the fuse spades close to the colored plastic. Re-insert the fuse with the wired spade closest to the center of the panel. At that point the soldered wire becomes "hot," and is protected by the fuse.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
dz said:
I want one of those! But where to get one? David Levy doesn't seem to ship internationally, and I can't find one locally. Anybody know any places that would ship them to Europe? Or a European site? Thanks!
Where do you live? They sell them at autoparts stores here in US. They are like $5 a piece or cheaper. If you want, I can get you some and mail them to you. You can Paypal me the $$

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
schernov said:
Where do you live? They sell them at autoparts stores here in US. They are like $5 a piece or cheaper. If you want, I can get you some and mail them to you. You can Paypal me the $$
<-- Finland

I'd like that! I'll e-mail you tonight when I get home. I've tried all the major electronics dealers and autoparts stores, no luck.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
schernov said:
STOP!! There is an easier way. You can get one of these "Fuse add-a -line" thingys....:
You still need to insert it with the correct orientation.
Personally, I think that thing is a waste of $8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts