SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the other week I wanted to install the AUX function into the car (2005 9³ vector). So I have a look in the centre console, and !! there was already a 3.5mm input in there. I tried playing music and whatnot through it, only to find out there is no sound.
I took the EHU out and found out there isn't any wires where the AUX cable should be plugged into, so I took the trim off, and found this:

close up:

From what I believe, this cable is connected to the 3.5mm input, however I am not 100% sure, as it winds in and out of the console. Can anyone confirm what it is, and if it is connected to the 3.5mm input, what else do I need to do to enable this function?

p.s. AUX is already enabled in the car.

p.p.s. here's a picture of the car :D

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,523 Posts
Ok so the other week I wanted to install the AUX function into the car (2005 9³ vector). So I have a look in the centre console, and !! there was already a 3.5mm input in there. I tried playing music and whatnot through it, only to find out there is no sound.
I took the EHU out and found out there isn't any wires where the AUX cable should be plugged into, so I took the trim off, and found this:

close up:

From what I believe, this cable is connected to the 3.5mm input, however I am not 100% sure, as it winds in and out of the console. Can anyone confirm what it is, and if it is connected to the 3.5mm input, what else do I need to do to enable this function?

p.s. AUX is already enabled in the car.

p.p.s. here's a picture of the car :D

thanks in advance!
I dunno, looks like you plug the male end of the jack into that piece of the wire and that should be it.

Ps. Nice muffler :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Its actually an antenna prewire for an in-car phone cradle (the old style). You probably couldn't use it for anything though...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that's sorted one thing out...

Thanks for both your replies, much appreciated!!! And in regards to the muffler, I got that installed a few weeks ago, great sound, not raspy or ricey in any way!

On to question two:
How is it that Aux is enabled on the SID, and there is a place in the centre console to plug an mp3 player into, however the middle wiring seems to stop somewhere?

Was this a common occurence within Saabs? It seems curious that half the hardware and software is enabled, however the other half is missing...

Am I missing something :S

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Did you crank up the volume?

The console MP3 jack works in our 2006 but the dash volume for the radio unit must be set to 50% or higher before the sound becomes audible.

I realize my question may be foolish but I was surprised how high the volume had to be set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for each and every one of your replies, I really appreciate them all! Gotta love this forum.

Looks like an antenna cable, like one that would be used if you had a SIM card slot in the trunk/boot.
Thanks for your reply!

The console MP3 jack works in our 2006 but the dash volume for the radio unit must be set to 50% or higher before the sound becomes audible.

I realize my question may be foolish but I was surprised how high the volume had to be set.
Yeah I have tried cranking the volume to full, used different mp3 devices, different cords and still no sound :'(

So after a good few hours of messing around and taking the trim off the whole centre, I have found out that the AUX is actually plugged into the EHU.

It was annoying to follow the cable through the centre but I've managed to find out where it goes.

As you can see from my crappy drawings in blue, the AUX cable joins a whole lot of other cables, that do manage to find their way to the EHU.

However, I took a picture of the back of the EHU:

As you can see, there are no cords connected to where the AUX should be going. This car hasn't been touched by anyone but the dealer, so how is it possible that there is no sound? Am I missing something or did they screw up???

Thanks guys! I really appreciate everything!!

Oh one more thing. What is this cord?

It's attached to the AUX cord, before it joins up with all the other main cords.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts