SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 9-5 Aero and i was starting to notice a funky smell in the cabin. I just replaced the cabin air filter and the smell is still there. When i changed it i cleaned out the house really good, but it still smells. Any ideas?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can you describe the smell? Check trunk to see if it's stronger there.

Could have some leaking into the cabin (water) and it's molding now.

Had this problem on a previous car and ended up there was a weather seal missing from around the trunk lid, and every time it rained water was coming in through there, and leaking behind rear seats and molding.

·
Registered
867 Posts
AC drains under front carpets? Are they draining?
Sunroof drains plugged?
Is the carpet wet or moist anywhere?
Hamburger under seat?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Try a can or two of aircon cleaner, there will be bacteria and stuff in the piping that this will clear out and leave a fresh smell. Takes ten minutes to use and may clear the smell but if not its a good idea to do it every now and again anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the responses.
So I figured out that the smell only comes out on the driver side, it is almost a wet dog kind of smell. It only smells when the vents are on. There is no wet carpet or bad seals i checked all that out.
Is that zircon cleaner the can of stuff you put in the passenger floor board and shut the door and let the AC run for a bit?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, I would run a couple of cans thru it. You can also get a can that you spray direct into the air intakes but I've never used it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts