SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ullo,
I bought my 99 9-3 lpt from a friend a year ago with the turbo not working.
I only just got round to getting it replaced. I bought one from ebay which had originally been in a 900 turbo. It works a treat and can't believe the difference. My question is though, does this mean the car has the same bhp as a 900 turbo or is the lpt engine going to make the car just run the same as an lpt. Either way it's sooo much better now.

cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
The ECU will govern HP output. She might be spunky for a while until the ECU figures whats going on and re-adapts so the engine runs within the original factory parameters.

Have fun with your new turbo!

Horace

·
Registered
428 Posts
Right now, the car will adjust itself back to normal specs in time. You should pick up a T7 ECU for a 2000 SE (with High Output Turbo) in order to see the gains. Or better yet, get a full exhaust, intake, and intercooler and get a stage 3 ECU. You'd be ready to go!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So basically it's gonna revert back to being a ploppy old LPT?
bummer. If I got a T7 ECU wouldn't that mess things up? I thought the engine was T5 (it has the red engine cover).:confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
red=T5 which is a good thing.
Have you seen ECUproject.com - the guys over there are doing some exciting stuff. They have made it VERY easy to DIY.

Food for thought - an lpt is better than no turbo !

·
Registered
129 Posts
hi mate i have a 2001 9-3 vert auto it has 150bhp as standard so i was thinking how do i get it to a high pressure turbo witch i think is around 185 bhp i found a great site and after loads of research some one actually provided me with a t7 ecu mapped for £130 the map is approx 220 bhp and torque 250 and my god the babby goes like s**t of a shovel

let me no and i can pm you the info
oh and dont forget to say thanks its nice to be nice

·
Registered
428 Posts
So basically it's gonna revert back to being a ploppy old LPT?
bummer. If I got a T7 ECU wouldn't that mess things up? I thought the engine was T5 (it has the red engine cover).:confused:
My apologies, for some reason I believed you had a 2000 9-3.:confused:

Do not get a stock T7 ECU!! That will definitely mess things up. There are plenty of people who tune using the T5Suite who can sell you a bargain tune, and you'll see some HP gains out of that. Good luck, and again I apologize for the earlier comment!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts