SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been searching and cant find any info on this. I am wanting to upgrade the entire intake system up to the manifold. I see there is what looks like radiator hose that goes from the intercooler to the manifold. has any one ever replaced it all with hard pipes? the stock stuff flexes like a mofo. I also noticed there is a sensor of some sort shortly before the intake manifold, what is that? is it a pressure sensor or temp? also would aluminum or ss be better? and what size? Thanks in advance.
Dustin

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Ok i have been searching and cant find any info on this. I am wanting to upgrade the entire intake system up to the manifold. I see there is what looks like radiator hose that goes from the intercooler to the manifold. has any one ever replaced it all with hard pipes? the stock stuff flexes like a mofo. I also noticed there is a sensor of some sort shortly before the intake manifold, what is that? is it a pressure sensor or temp? also would aluminum or ss be better? and what size? Thanks in advance.
Dustin
i cant see any point in this to be honest with you. that sensor is a pressure sensor. the piping size is generaly 2.5 in. you can get a samco hose kit its about 200 to 300. the normal hoses are fine they can hold high amounts of pressure and they dont stretch easily, and the stretching dosnt matter because its boost not vacuum.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dustin
Check this out:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119594&highlight=short+intake

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Ok i have been searching and cant find any info on this. I am wanting to upgrade the entire intake system up to the manifold. Dustin
The "upgrade" would only beaesthetic ... and to your eyse only.

You should spend some time reading some of the hundreds of other posts on this subject here. Here are my conclusions after having gone Simota and ditched it ..

1. You will get NO more power and the air will NOT be cooler.
2. You will get more noise.
3. You will spend money that might be better spent elsewhere.
4. You will probably get error codes and bad running.
5. You will probably end up regretting it.

So, if despite the above you decide to go ahead .. please be careful not to cut up or ditch the original equipment because:

6. You will probably want to revert to stock :)

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
no offense, but there's a lot more you could be doing with money when it comes to a linear then replacing flex piping.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Dustin
Put that money towards a tune!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts