SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Not sure if its the same part as the rubber sleeve for the plastic tanks, someone might know. But got a couple of of them that will fit the plastic fuel tanks knocking about your welcome to one, if it will fit.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Is the later one as used on the plastic tanks all the way through to the 900 the same part number?

Could find one off a broken c900 that would work.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
they fit in the same holes though dont they? - you can fit a later pump into a metal tank and vice versa i though.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
The pump is the same, yes, but the metal tank uses a metal bayonet sort of fitting, and the plastic tank uses the flange (for want of a better description) that the cone shaped thing fits over. Two different methods for mounting the same thing. Don't think I have any pics of the metal tank type, but I seem to recall the haynes manual has a sketch.

What might be possible is to remove the bayonet style portion of the metal tank and weld in a flange to suit the later plastic type.

I have got this pic of the two tanks:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I do have a plastic tank with pump but would have liked to keep it original.

Is there any mods needed to fit the plastic tank, on first inspection looks like it has a few more holes!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts