SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys suggest???

I have used sea foam and gunk motor flush. They have always served me well in the past. As for fuel system cleaner I have always gone with Lucas.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
What do you guys suggest???

I have used sea foam and gunk motor flush. They have always served me well in the past. As for fuel system cleaner I have always gone with Lucas.
Same things I have used, just make sure to change the oil after you use seafoam ;ol;

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
You can use the Seafoam in the fuel system too; i've also used the Gunk.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm after. I'm a fan of a flush at every oil change. My bigblock needed it done every change due to bad rings so I figure if it kept things clean in there it should work to fight sludge in the Saab.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Gunk engine flush says on the bottle "not to be used with turbo vehicles"? Anyone used the German Moto engine flush on a SAAB?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
For Turbo Charged gasoline and diesel engines, use the Gunk Synthetic Motor Flush. Sometimes I go ole skool and add a qt of ATF right before an oil change; I always get feedback on this (atf); but it works for me. Some folks don't like using flushes (because it might clean the engine to well and create leaks); don't know what to say about that; I don't think that way.​

Gunk engine flush says on the bottle "not to be used with turbo vehicles"? Anyone used the German Moto engine flush on a SAAB?

·
Registered
323 Posts
This one has intrigued me for the simple reason I've read decent reviews at removing varnish.

http://www.auto-rx.com/cart/order.shtml
I read a lot of great things about Auto-RX too, so I ordered two bottles that are still sitting in my garage. Mainly for the fact that I don't want to use until I have time to drop the pan right afterwards. One would think that anything flushed out of the engine will collect at the pick-up screen, so the screen should be cleaned after a flush.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts