SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new fuel pump in my 2001 saab 9-5. I didn't replace the whole assembly just the pump. I installed and the car started right away. The only thing is that I now hear, "not only the fuel pump running, but I hear a fuel squirting noise. I never heard the fuel being pumped before just the sound of the pump. Is the hose I installed leaking? causing the fuel squirting noise? Is this normal? When i first turn the key, i hear the pump for 3 sec. then it goes off, no more noise because it has primed right? So if the hose was leaking it wouldn't prime, the pump would keep on running after you turn the key?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I replaced a line inside the gas tank from the pump to a T joint inside the pump assembly. I was thinking that one of the clamps I used was not tight enough or the line was a size too big. The new pump outlet was 5/16 and the T joint and old pump was 1/4. I had no choice so i used 5/16 hose.
Just wondering if you should be able to actually hear the fuel movement from the pump? I have replaced many pumps, in different vehicles and I have never heard that noise, I've only heard the pump. This is the first saab pump replacement I've done. I guess I should have listen to the old pump before changing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts