SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92 900s has a small electrical issue. The yellow "low fuel" light stays on, even when I put gas in it. The gauge works fine. The light is rather bright and is driving me crazy night driving. Does anyone know what should be replaced to deal with this, ie, sending unit ? Thanks Todd

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
My 92 900s has a small electrical issue. The yellow "low fuel" light stays on, even when I put gas in it. The gauge works fine. The light is rather bright and is driving me crazy night driving. Does anyone know what should be replaced to deal with this, ie, sending unit ? Thanks Todd
Could be the sender. Double-check first that the connection at the top of the fuel sender is good, and if it is, then you might need to obtain a good used (or new) sender to try out in place of the existing one.

They have a contact which turns on the low fuel warning light when the sliding float gets to the bottom of the sender casing, though when the float comes up again that should stop being a complete circuit and the low fuel warning light should go off.

Craig.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
probably the wire is shoting inside or broken off, think it's the latter.
very awkward to try and repair but can be done, but replacemnt a lot easier:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
There is a MAGNET in the float of the sender.
When the float gets towards the lower part of the sender, it closes a 'reed' switch. The reed switch completes the 'reserve' lamp circuit.

The reed switch sticks "closed" and leaves the lamp on as in the case with your car.

As noted, can be repaired............most chose to replace the sender instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts