SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like i am joining the "club" of those saabers who are having nightmares with engine missfires:cry:
Started with plugs replacement and while changing them noticed quite heavy carbone deposits on #1 and #2 cyl plugs's skirt.That's where the thread is...Electrods themselvs are OK - just lightly brownish.This black stuff makes me think that fuel injectors might be contaminated as well.So i went for proper injector system wash but Saab center was fully booked and i had to go to another place wich did injector wash for my old saab 9000.
Unfortunatly nobody could figure out how to disconnect fuel lines from the rail...Is there special tool for that or does someone know how to do it ?
Any help will be much appreciated !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Did you check your Direct Ignition cassettes? Those are the #1 cause of misfires on our cars. Do you have a CEL? If yes, tell us the codes, it helps to find out which DI cassette is bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SectorNine50 said:
Did you check your Direct Ignition cassettes? Those are the #1 cause of misfires on our cars. Do you have a CEL? If yes, tell us the codes, it helps to find out which DI cassette is bad.
Thanks for reply!

No, there is no CEL or any codes stored in memory.DI isn't checked either...
What makes me to go for injectors first - is the fact that when car is relatively cold, like first drive in the morning or weather gets colder (+3 c yesterday) engine runs perfectly! Colder temps means more fuel commanded by computer.I suspect that due to poor atomazation and with less fuel going through injector it causes bad combastion in one or two cylinders what fills like missfiring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
Volk,
You don't have to remove the fuel ines from the fuel rail to take the injectors out if thats what you are trying to do.

If this is what you are trying to do let me know and I will explain it.
P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
paolo said:
Volk,
You don't have to remove the fuel ines from the fuel rail to take the injectors out if thats what you are trying to do.

If this is what you are trying to do let me know and I will explain it.
P
Hi, paolo!

What i wanted to do is to disconnect pressure and return lines and connect injector cleaning unit which has its own pump and a small tank filled with cleaning solution.Then engine runs for about half an hour on this solution i/o of fuel.
That proccess cleans injectors and valves too.I did it for my Saab 9000 in the past and felt quite significant difference in performance afterwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
volk said:
Thanks for reply!

No, there is no CEL or any codes stored in memory.DI isn't checked either...
What makes me to go for injectors first - is the fact that when car is relatively cold, like first drive in the morning or weather gets colder (+3 c yesterday) engine runs perfectly! Colder temps means more fuel commanded by computer.I suspect that due to poor atomazation and with less fuel going through injector it causes bad combastion in one or two cylinders what fills like missfiring.
The DI cassette will run perfectly until it gets warm as well. It's fault is that it gets too hot and therefor starts missing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know what happened but my mysterious "misfires" or whatever it was gone now! It has been going on for 3or 4 days - from light to moderate jerks both under load and when the pedal is easied off...

Anyway, thanks a lot for yuor help and opinions, gentelmen!!!Hopefully it will not come back again but if it does - i will let you know.;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
volk said:
Don't know what happened but my mysterious "misfires" or whatever it was gone now! It has been going on for 3or 4 days - from light to moderate jerks both under load and when the pedal is easied off...

Anyway, thanks a lot for yuor help and opinions, gentelmen!!!Hopefully it will not come back again but if it does - i will let you know.;) :D
Those jerks could mean that your fluid is low or gone bad. I'd personally change it as low fluid can give the feeling of low power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SectorNine50 said:
Those jerks could mean that your fluid is low or gone bad. I'd personally change it as low fluid can give the feeling of low power.
Yes, Sector,you've got the point!
That happened right after hydr.fluid leak (quite heavy)at oil cooler banjo bolts had been eliminated...I've adjusted level accordingly but may be due to fact it was low for some period (very short though) there were air locks in the system.
15 000 km since last fluid change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
We're both talkin tranny fluid right? I realize I forgot to put my post in context.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SectorNine50 said:
We're both talkin tranny fluid right? I realize I forgot to put my post in context.
Yes, we are talking about gearbox fluid!:cheesy:
Dextron III. Level checked with engine running, after a good drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
volk said:
Yes, we are talking about gearbox fluid!:cheesy:
Dextron III. Level checked with engine running, after a good drive.
Good man! :cool:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top