SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has a part number or link to a new schrader valve that’s in the fuel rail? Mine decided to start leaking. I will try the one out of the 9-3 tomorrow, but if it doesn’t work or fit, I would like to know where I could get another, or do research with the part number to find one.
Thanks everyone, stay safe out there,
Cap’n

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's most likely a standardized valve. Best bet would be NAPA for that kind of thing. Remove fuel pump fuse, run her til' she stalls out, get the valve out and walk inside.
I say NAPA because they're good with stocking little things like that.
Edit
I'd still call first.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You may need a SCHROEDER valve remover like what frequently comes with a bicycle tire or you can find then in the tire valve stem section of the auto parts store

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may need a SCHROEDER valve remover like what frequently comes with a bicycle tire or you can find then in the tire valve stem section of the auto parts store
My pops had the tool, so I took the one out of the 9-3 parts car. It worked. I think the seals went bad on the original. When I rebuilt the motor, the fuel rail was disconnected for a while so I think that's what did it. Without the fuel in the rail, I think the seals went bad. Kinda like a wooden boat thats been out of the water for a while.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You can use a standard tire valve. I recall Saab sold them for something like $30 so I installed the 10 cent version and it worked fine for years.

The valve did not fail on my car but parts of the rubber seal in the cap got stuck in the valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts