SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Pump Wont Shut Off.

I have a 89 900-s. It's been a good runner unitl a few weeks ago. | found the intake manifold filled with gas and the car wouldn't run. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump relay but the problem persists. The fuel pump seems to be working due to the large volumn I am recieving up front. Even with the key off the pump will continue to run unless we pull the fuse. Any help with this would be greatly apreciated. Thanks. :nono;

·
4,637 Posts
Try pulling the fuel pump relay and testing for continuity between the main pins. If it's fused its contacts, the pump might stay on. Otherwise, you might want to check out the state of the wiring along the exhaust tunnel {and the state of the cat's heat shield}. A short here could possibly contribute...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Stuck or wrong relay would be my first thought.Pat

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I'll be kind and effectively bump this for you, but Cdaly's advice is pretty much bang on. Inspect the wiring at the fuse box, along the way to the pump and around the pump. As well there is a fuel cutoff switch I believe that should be investigated.

I'm at work, dont have any reference material around, perhaps someone else can elaborate please.
Cheers

·
Registered
205 Posts
old post, but if you are searching, we found it was a internal computer problem (fuel ecu) keeping the fuel pump on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts