SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the fuel pump on a 91 classic 3 door. The only pumps I could find have the sending unit included with the pump. I pulled the sending unit out and it needs replacing. I looked for that replacement part and couldn't find it. Do I just take the connector and plug it into the new pump somehow?
TIA...Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
What wal said... new sender is not compatible with old gauge, and original senders have been NLA for a long time. That's a big part of the reason why Jordan has that converter!

That pump is disgusting... I would seriously take a look around inside that tank. I don't think I've ever seen one that horrible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see a picture of this converter. Is it a box or connector or what. Also is this the only way? Absolutely no separate senders?

This car belongs to a friend who hasn't run it in 14 years. I felt sorry for the car and am trying to get it running. I've been trying to clean out the tank but I've never seen gas turn to this kind of substance. I sat the pump on my driveway and when I picked it up this blob of black goop was left behind. I guess that's what 14 year old gas looks like. Lol... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,907 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I think that's the result of ethanol and water. If I had to guess, I would guess that some rubber or plastic somewhere got dissolved. Google "ethanol phase separation."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
jvanabra
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing