SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am planning on doing my fuel pump in a few weeks, first question is what is the best pump to run for stage 5 ( not stage 5 yet but eventually will be), I heard alot about the walbro 255, is that the best best or is there better or is there not really that much of a difference? Also if I do go with a walbro 255 is there a specific one for saabs or are they all universal? When I do get my pump are there any bits of special hose or clamps or anything I need to get, does anywhere sell a whole kit? Wheres the best place to buy it and cheapest?

Thanks Connor

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I got mine local, but you can get them on e-bay.

You can also get knock-offs cheap on e-bay.

The Dr has one in his car

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JZW told me to get it from jayracing.com but I see 3 different ones a 340, 341 and 342 whats the diffenernce and im trying to find which specific one it is to see if I can find it on amazon or somewhere else for a lil bit cheaper

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Get a 341. That's what I got.

The difference is where the inlet and outlet is

They all work tho.

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I cut the hole with tin-snips.

No need to seal the hole because it's under the rear seat

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What do you got to modify on the pump housing to get it to fit?
The rubber pump holder thingy. And the canister ( a bit) You need a dremal or similar.

Look at the pics of mine and note where the finished height is of the top of the new pump in the canister. It's got to be at that height otherwise you wont get to the bottom of your fuel tank

Read the links in the first cuppla posts. It explains it all

report back if you can't work it out :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
im running an aeromotive 340 pump. way outflows the 255. no need to upgrade when going bigger.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, maybe you can have 500 with 630 and walbro, with huge pressure, and injectors about 100% open, with bensin. With ethanol i'm going for 870 injectors and at least 255 walbro, on stage 5 E tune.

Friend of mine has 2 walbros on nissan s13, 1000 injectors, ~400bhp, re85, injectors are almost at the limit, olschool 1 hole injectors...
Another friend has 2 bosch 044 on soarer, ~800bhp..

So i wouldnt pic walbro for over 400bhp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts