SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what the problem with my 1997 900s is, it was driving just fine, then all of a sudden i went for a short drive n when i came back out to start it back up it turned over like it was going to start and then it was just like cut out. All the interior and exterior lights work just fine it just turns over and cuts out. I tried a bump start seeing as its 5 speed with no luck, also tried giving it gas during the key turn with no luck with that either, in fact it didnt even respond to the gas pedal it seemed.
If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Do you mean the engine fires, turns over on its own, then dies as if the fuel were cut off? Or does it seem like the engine misfires and stalls after it starts to run normally?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seesm like it fires on its own n then stalls like its outa gas, even thou theres a half tank of gas

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The IAC valve could be dirty and sticking, but it would be an extreme case.
Fuel pump, or fuel pump relay dropping out, maybe, not likely though.
CPS (crankshaft position sensor) might be starting to fail, and only working well enough to let the engine start but not keep running. They do eventually fail, and that would do it.

Those are some of the common elements between the turbo and the non-turbo. On the non-turbo, the distributor could be failing... After a few start attempts, the battery could be getting weak, too.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I would check the vacuum lines and any other hose connections at the throttle body first, then clean the IAC if it looks like it needs it, then the plugs, then someone should check for proper fuel pressure, then CPS, and on from there.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Sounds like a fuel pump

Do the fuel pressure test, also a man can pull the plugs to see if they are wet or dry.
Assure that you have a good battery/charging system and good relays..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts