SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost there with my 84 turbo.

but i've got a fuel problem. i can start it and idle the gas out. but drive it a block or just sit and run up the RPMs, the car falls on its face. then it really doesn't want to start again. when it does, i have to feather the accelerator. and i'm finding fuel in the crank case. i know its a pressure issue. i don't have a tester. but it has to be the warm up regulator or the accumulator, in my opinion.

a friend said fuel pressure regulator. but these cars don't have them right?
i can't find it in my Bentley book if there is one, at any rate.

what do the rest of you think?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
they do have pressure regs, in the side of the fuel distributior.

specs if you need them:

Bosch CIS/K-jet

fuel pump capacity (return pipe discharge in 30 seconds: 900cc
control pressure: 3.4 to 3.8 bars
full load control pressure: 2.4 - 2.8 bars
line pressure: 5.3 - 5.5 bars
minimum leakage pressure after 20 minutes: 1.5 bar
injector opening pressure: 3.0 - 4.1 bars

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
i know its a pressure issue. i don't have a tester. but it has to be the warm up regulator or the accumulator, in my opinion.
If you know the answer, why bother with a diagnosis?
Check that there is no fuel flow from the Injectors when the Air Flow Sensor Plate is at rest.
Check that the Cold Start Injector is not spraying constantly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
if i did know the answer i wouldn't have asked. it was just an opinion.( i don't have a tester to start hitting every fuel access to see where the pressure issue is.)
they are pretty much the only things i haven't replaced. those and the cold start. but it is still a pressure issue. gotta be.

which would most likely cause fuel in the crank case?

the regulator is in the fuel distributor? that little pin with spring? isn't that just a relief valve? if it is acting up ... think maybe that would cause it?

if i could i'd just start replacing stuff. probably wouldn't hurt even it what i replaced wasn't 100% bad, they are original parts. but i can't lack of funds.:confused:

with such diveristy at this workshop, i rather hoped someone would've had this problem already. :D Not that i wish it on anybody. what a pain.

meanwhile i'll be checking on the fuel flow from the cold start and injectors. if it is the injectors leaking constantly the Air Flow at rest, does the plate need adjusting?
i suppose that the cold start would need replacing if it is constantly spraying?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.