SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Hi.

Right down to business, I have just replaced the fuel pump on my '92 9000 ECO, no problems there (Well not yet), but when removing the old one the return pipe connector died in my hands, I have a replacement from the exchange unit fuel pump but how the hell do you get it into the plastic fuel line, I had to cut what was left of the old one off as it would not budge.

Any help would be great.

Cheers Simon.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Heat gun, plenty of ventilation and some cursing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I thought about the application of heat, in a normal pipe yes, but in a fuel line, hmmm seems dodgy to me.

And I don't have a heat gun.

Progress report though, it is over one shoulder in the pipe, only two more to go, but it's not going with out a fight.

And I thought getting that top retaining ring off was fun.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's still only over one shoulder, but far enough for me to test I reckon, but now I have a flat battery :x So I have to wait for a mate to come over with a set of jumper cables.

He's gonna look for his heat gun, so I may well give it a go, very gently though.

Hair dryer?
Hair's always been to short to worry about one of them lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well car jumped and now running again, and no petrol pi$$ing out of the return pipe so it's looking good for now.

I'll take it out for a run tomorrow before putting it all back together, just glad I have fuel in the engine now :D

Might still look at the heating up the pipe method though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts