SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last saturday i performed the infamous fuel sending unit replacement. I thought i did a decent job. The only issue was with the connectors between the fuel pump line and the metal fuel lines running to the engine.

The plastic locking mechanism had cracked in two. I put both pieces back in place and it worked great for four days. Then last night, those pieces failed and i started pumping fuel all over the place.

What are those connectors or locking mechanisms called and where might i get a few?

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
According to the EPC, they are fuel line clips for 5/16" fuel line, part #21992748 with a Saab dealer list of $5/each. I did a google search on the part number, and I also got matches from Ford, GM as well as Saab. You might try a GM dealer if there aren't any Saab dealers near by... Ron

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
According to the EPC, they are fuel line clips for 5/16" fuel line, part #21992748 with a Saab dealer list of $5/each. I did a google search on the part number, and I also got matches from Ford, GM as well as Saab. You might try a GM dealer if there aren't any Saab dealers near by... Ron
Thanks very much! I was able to find replacement clips on ebay and Amazon. I've got Sewell Saab on hold to see what their pricing is.

EDIT: Turns out Sewell no longer carries that part. I called up a Chevy dealership like you suggested and sure enough, they had one remaining:

Looks like i should be all set. One more question for you, the other fuel line(a return i believe?) seems to be slightly smaller diameter than this one with the broken lock. I figured i might as well replace it while i'm at it. Would you possibly have a part number for that one?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EPC shows 4 of the 5/16" clips and one 5/8" clip. I don't see anything smaller on the figure... Ron
Awesome. So i can just order another of these clips. my only concern was one was black and the other white. I assumed this was to indicate send and return. As long as they're the same size, i'll just get another white one.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So i tried that clip this morning. It doesn't fit properly. The teeth on the end don't lock into place at the back of the connector. It's just slightly too short.

Edit: I ended up going to another Chevy dealership. i had found another larger clip part number online. When i went to pick it up in person, it was gigantic in comparison. So the parts guy pulled all the clips they had, luckily it ended up being three, one i had already tried, the larger one and this:

(sorry for not having a pic of the clip itself. I put it on the car and drove it to work. I can get one if necessary)

It was exactly like the original part you quoted, only slightly wider with longer teeth. Fit the bill perfectly.

Thanks for all your help Ron. You've been extremely patient with all my questioning!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts