SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1970 SAAB 99E- anyone have the Ohm spec of the the fuel level sender? Is it the psuedo standard 33 to 240 Ohm type? I have a seriously dead/rusted/cruddy/non-functional unit and am trying to source a replacement. The bolt hole arrangement on the sender is a DIN standard 2 1/8" bolt circle- looks like a NEMA marine sender of the right length would do nicely if the resistance was correct.

Anyone?

I realize I could wire up the GGE head with 12VDC a varibale pot on the earth side and get close to knowing the range- but that assumes the GGE is spot on etc.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Ive asked this before and never got an answer :( (I want to connect a 0-90ohm LPG gauge to my dash fuel gauge)

·
Registered
799 Posts
There's no info - I found a device reference number (VDO K 221.826/4/2), but nowt on the readings.

Penguin45.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I've got a brand new one somewhere (not for sale :p ) so will take some readings today. Presumably I just need to stick a meter across the terminals and move it through the complete sweep?

VDO probably have it on file somewhere what the spec is.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That thing is solid GOLD- cannot be purchased ANYWHERE! You lucky so and so!

Jeps- DVM across the the left terminal on the top and chassis earth, move float from top to bottom of swing and record values. Right terminal closes to earth when the "E" level is reached (1.7 to 2.0 gals left in tank).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ANSWER FOUND-

I just rigged up the car with a variable pot and recorded my info. It comes as no surprise that the sender is a 30 to 240 Ohm unit- its a standard range and has been for years. NEMA makes a sender in lengths from 4 to 60 inches with this same Ohm range, with the identical bolt circle for marine use. One would have to attned to the "low fuel" warning switch and the fluid port- but thats the easy part!

30 Ohms = Empty
240 Ohms = Full

This is the same sender thats in a V4 96.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts