SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the differences between the bosch injectors off an '86 turbo (280150712) vs. ones off a '92 turbo (280150761)? Specificly why the nozzel ends are so differently shaped. Will there be any issue using the earlier injector on the later engine?
The earlier injectors have a longer metal snout (an inverted cone shape) which protects the pintle and directs the spray pattern. The latter ones are shorter and flat on the bottom with the pintle exposed.

I did find that the earlier injector only flows 20.35 lbs/hr while the latter flows 22.65 lbs/hr. I don't think this will make much difference for the way I'm driving and have the car set up.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Banman, I'm looking into the same problem, but the reverse (I'm contemplating -761 injectors for my '85). I found some information here, but the flow rate for the -712 injectors is listed for 2.5bar; there is no operational fuel pressure listed for the -761 injectors, and I'm running a 3bar FPR.

Did you find out more about this? Did you end up swapping the injectors? I'm curious what you mean by the nozzle tips are very different? I imagine if the electrical component of the injectors are compatible (ie. they don't represent a difference between LH2.2 and LH2.4 systems) and the flow rates are similar that it shouldn't really matter which injector you use. However, I'm sure Bosch manufactured different models for some specific reason...

li Arc

·
Registered
702 Posts
There are just an updated design, they are completely interchangeable. As long as it is from another Turbo car its a direct swap.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
On that note, I recently had a chat with my local injector service. Seems that colors are not exclusive to a specific flow or performance. Delivery rate is the key, and it seems the colors are more for production sites than flow rating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts