SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last post I promise because now I screwed up big time.

I saw 4 white plastic sleeves going into the engine with a bar across all four. Being the moron who wanted a project I proceed to change the plufgs.

Uh, yea, pull four full injectors. 1 came out of the block the other 3 out of the metal rod when I looseded it.

So, we put them back in and tighten the rod. I think i lost half a tank of gas just running the car. One injector sprays fuel like the fountains at the bellagio hotel in vegas. It leaks between the rod and where the injector enters the rod

Well the ones that go into the cross rode leak like a river now. Soooooo

I broke some seals huh? any ideas? diagrams?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
You can buy new seal kits pretty cheap, they have them at eeuro: http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=4199

It's possible you damaged the fuel rail, they are somewhat fragile, if that's the case you'll need to find a used one at a junkyard. If you absolutely can't find one, I know that luke at saabrally.com will make you a billet aluminum one that will stand up to abuse better, but that would be a bit of a waste of money on just a regular road car, unless you plan on removing/replacing the injectors a lot. I'm sure someone has a stock one somewhere, or try saabdepot.com or goldwing saab.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Be VERY careful working with leaking fuel in the engine bay... one bad spark and... well whooooosh!!!!

If in doubt at all, have a certified mech. help you out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
888 Posts
DO NOT DRIVE IT :nono;

One bit of fuel vapour anywhere near the ht leads / dizzy cap / exhaust manifold and its curtains for you and the car.

Mop up any obvious spillages and let the rest evapourate away fully before starting the car.

Dan

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
You probably have one of the 0-ring seals out of place.

Pull the fuel rail back off, There is a 0-ring seal at the top of the injector and at the bottom. Take injectors out of the fuel rail, make sure the 0-rings are properly positioned and seated on the injectors, then carefully put them back in the fuel rail, then carefully put the fuel rail+injectors back on the engine.

Make sure while you are doing this that the 0-rings seat properly.

This is fairly easy to do, I would get on it pronto, a faulty plug lead or cap, spark from a shorting batt cable, all kinds of things could ignite the fuel and vapors from the leak and turn you new car into a charred scrapper, don't risk it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
why...?

Hey man,

Why would you try to do something that you dont understand and dont know how it works. The EFI is a very fragile part. I also had a problem with the injectors...

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
mmustillo said:
Hey man,

Why would you try to do something that you dont understand and dont know how it works. The EFI is a very fragile part. I also had a problem with the injectors...
EFI is a system not a part.

At some point, all of us in here didn't understand what we were doing nor how anything worked. Some of us still don't. :D

It's a normal part of learning and growing up. We all take things apart that we shouldn't, then we learn how to put them back together, usually with someone elses help. Then we help some other poor sod who did the same thing we did. Then we learn to claim we don't know one end of a wrench from the other so people don't bug us about idiot lights and do you know anything about _____ or can you fix ____ or can you help me rebuild my transmission over the weekend....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts