SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading my injectors and fuel pump. I am getting the giants, so I need to get the T7 spacers for them to work. This is the link

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56_60&products_id=650

Now when it says that some 99's with the "air flushed" injectors will need a different intake manifold, what exactly does this mean, and how do I determine this? My VIN# ends in something like 005830. I am an earlier model. Does this affect it? Wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
463 Posts
don't bother with green giants they support only 360ish bhp. get siemens dekas ie 630cc then you'll never have to worry about injectors. standard injectors are good for over 300hp so its a waste of time going to green giants especially since you had an aero in the first place. i'm getting siemens dekas for £114 delivered from a US based ebay seller, so i magine it would be cheaper than that for you, and they're much, much better!

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I see you have a JZW tune. John should be able to tell you what upgrades you need for your tune to work properly. No point swapping injectors and pump unless your tune supports those changes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see you have a JZW tune. John should be able to tell you what upgrades you need for your tune to work properly. No point swapping injectors and pump unless your tune supports those changes.
He has my ECU right now, I am going from stage 4 to 5. This is the reason for upgrading the fuel system. My question is what does an air flushed injector mean.............

I did ask him about it, and basically if I have a two piece intake manifold, I will need to replace with a 1 piece. I do have the two piece, so I will be replacing that ASAP.

I still just want to know what a air flushed injectors mean that GS is referring to.

I would never run software without the hardware

·
Registered
399 Posts
I still just want to know what a air flushed injectors mean that GS is referring to.
Me too out of curiosity. I have a MY99 and am still running the "air flushed injectors/ 2 piece manifold until I have time to swap out the engine harness. There were a couple diffs in the connections. How much worse are these injectors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts