SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
While changing the o-rings on the nozzle end of my injectors, one of the discs that would be between the intake and o-ring broke off/shot across the shop. I was wondering what this disc does, and if I can machine a replacement? Since I am a machinist, I can get pretty close tolerance. Does this disc just hold the o-ring on the injector? If I were to machine a little copper ring for this, would it cause any adverse effects? If this disc also prevents the injector from grounding to metal, I don't want to use the copper. Preferably don't want to buy a new or reman injector. Thanks, hopefully someone can help.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I'm not sure what it's for - it could be to assure injector position in the bung, but could also perform a phenolic function to keep heat away from the injector. Maybe just grab one from a junkyard car? Or, it looks Mahle GS33528 includes them - $20 for a four-injector rebuild kit.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jvanabra. After I posted this I was searching online, and found a full set of 4 remanufactured injectors for roughly the cost of one. And on the plus side, they are only 40 minutes from where I live. So I think ill go that route and go get them Monday when they open, since I need them asap, and the injectors are matched to within 2%. Thanks your help tho, I appreciate it. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts