SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been awhile since I last posted. The old girl had been running well but several months ago I lost the fuel pump, then recently it has had trouble starting. So I replaced the negative and positive battery cables this morning. It fired right up. However, about 1/4 mile from my house it stalled and won't restart.

Could it have something to do with this loose connection? This goes back to the injectors, but for the life of me I can't figure out where this end should plug into. This end is hanging near the starter. I appreciate any help on figuring out where this end goes. Thanks.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
that is probably the fifth injector lead, if you haven't one don't worry there are a few spare connectors on a 900 that only certain 900's that use certain items, make sure it's not the cold start sensor plug, that is fitted on the sensor between 2-3nbr cylinders on the inlet manifold,
Changing the wires might just have jarred the pump, try bashing the underside of the fuel tank with a rubber mallet while someone tries to starts it, if it starts it's probably your pump on the way out, as it's just jarring it and makes it go, but stop the car try without, and nothing

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That's an unused connector. Most of us have it. As Alwyne says the fuel pump may be on the way out. If thumping the bottom of the tank gets it started it sounds like it may be new pump time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I never noticed that connector before and I wondered where the heck it went. I did replace the fuel pump a couple months ago and it ran fine after that. I will check the hoses. I don't have much experience with checking the electrical stuff but I may head down that road in order to eliminate what is working (or at least has current) and what doesn't. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts