SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I have a 9-3 2.0t sedan I just put gas in it today and it went from fuel light on to full , I did some running around maybe 30 minutes of driving, then I look down and all of a sudden my fuel light is on I pulled over to see if I had a leak or could smell gas , it all looked good , got back into the car started it , fuel went back to normal/full drove another 5 mins or so then I watched the gauge go straight to empty , car is a 2009, has 70k miles on it , any help or thoughts would be appreciated thank you

·
Super Moderator
20,196 Posts
Bad fuel level sender. Have to drop tank.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Might as well get a new fuel pump, which has a built in fuel level sensor if you have to go to the trouble to drop the tank!!
The level sensors are a weak spot.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How hard is it to drop the tank ?
Not a fun job but I believe easier with the car on a lift. Dropping the tank is part one, part two is getting the old pump out and the new one in. There is a special tool for unlocking the ring and sealing it again. Buy the tool. Part 3 is getting the tank back in position. Part 4 is turning the key and hope and pray the car runs normal. I still cannot decide which part was the most difficult.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Suggest you have it done by a mechanic , just for the danger of volatile
Gas fumes alone, one spark and you are done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts