SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should the fuel filter be made out of? I had a look in mine and it appears to just be a fine mesh inside. Isn't it meant to be a paper filter?

I bought it from a saab wrecker that stocks new parts here locally... I'm wondering if it is AFT and the wrong type and perhaps behind my fuel system woes.

I'll be super annoyed they charged me $44 for it and my fuel system was professionally rebuilt about a year ago at great expense.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
ƒ’From the Bosch Website ....
*Micro fibre paper impregnated with synthetic resin*

In your posts yesterday , you indicated that after getting the car home , and the issue appearing again 10 k from home... That your injector tests indicated blockages .. that would certainly suggest the filter isn't doing its job .

Source a genuine Bosch and try it , Bursons ?

·
Registered
978 Posts
At the fuel pressure that is used in fuel injection, at very least there needs to be a "mesh" container on both sides of the paper to support it. Just plain paper glued to the endcaps would very likely fail under pressure, fine for carb'd engines that never saw more then a few psi in the line, but not for fuel injection.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I'll have another look in the filter... Maybe it's ok after all... I will literally kill the saab place that sold me that if it's some aftermarket POS and my fuel distributor is clogged.

I guess it doesn't matter as I'm going to T5.5.

Aussie I know what you're saying, the injector tests don't necessarily indicate blocked injectors, possibly blocked fuel distributor but I think more likely that the fuel pump isn't putting out enough fuel for the injectors to fire.

With K jet all 4 injectors fire at once, this requires a lot of fuel pressure and fuel volume to occur.

I will reinspect the filter at any rate

Cheers guys :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts