SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna replace the Fuel filter... i have been preparing for this... u know spraying WD-40 the last couple of days and all that, and when it came to removing the bigger nut on the filter, it just wouldnt budge. Its like it siezed.
(B/w when i was reading about this many ppl had talked about running the car after removing the fuel pump fuse.. and that it would run for about 15 mins... this didnt happen with my car.. that car just shutdown the second i removed the fuse)

... so it tried to force it.. and force it more... until my spanner slipped and made a dent on the fuel line, that goes up from the bigger end of the filter. (From the looks of it, its fule line going up to the pump.)
So I put it all back and started the car... sure enough its leaking from that end.
I found this part online...

900 94-98 Fuel Line from pump to fuel filter ( http://www.thesaabsite.com/900new/ng900fuel.htm )

I really wasnt able to see where the other end of the line was going... and it looked like that end was not going to be easily accessible.. but just wanted to check with you guys.. if this is something a beginner DYI guy can do.

Here is something else i tried to do this weekend.. but i think i'm gonna have to give up on that.. i'm not comfortable removing the engine mount :(
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112035

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if the tube from the bigger end of the Fuel filter goes directly to the fuel pump. I am trying to determine if this is something i can do myself, without dropping the tank, may be i can access the Fuel pump side of this line from under the rear seat.
Sorry, i am just desperate, i want to tow the car to a shop this evening.

Appreciate your time.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
queryanalyzer said:
Does anyone know if the tube from the bigger end of the Fuel filter goes directly to the fuel pump. I am trying to determine if this is something i can do myself, without dropping the tank, may be i can access the Fuel pump side of this line from under the rear seat.
Sorry, i am just desperate, i want to tow the car to a shop this evening.

Appreciate your time.
It has too. If you look under there again you will see the fuel line runs from the outboard side (the small bolt side) to the front of the car, where the engine is, yes?. The line to the inboard side (the large bolt) runs straight up to the top of the tank, where the fuel pump is, yes?. So one can easily imagine the fuel being pumped down the line to the filter, through the filter, all the way to the fuel rail on the engine, and thence into the injectors.
It would not make much sense for it to flow the other way round would it?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, thats what i figured too, just wanted a confirmation.
I wasnt going to drop the tank or cut open any shell. I guess i was looking for some to go.. "... all you have to do it reach in a tug it, and it comes free, and just swap a new on in place.. " ;)

Anyways.. it worked out not soo bad.
I took it to a shop and they were able to cut the line where it was damaged and reattach the metal ring end. So its just a little shorter now and that is it !!!
What did i learn out iof this... you need the right tool.

Thanks everyone :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts