SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often does everyone change their fuel filters?? I had all of my main services done, not sure if it was ever changed or not. Car has 70k.
Looked through the owners manual, but no mention of the fuel filter

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have 80k miles on mine and not sure if its been changed or not? I have had all major service intervals performed at the dealer, so I assumed fuel filter was part of that? God knows they charge enough!! Now I need to look over my service records! lol

·
Registered
980 Posts
AFAIK, there is no replaceable fuel filter on US spec. cars. Whatever filtration exists is part of the fuel pump inside the tank and is meant to last the life of the pump. 9-3's in European and other markets have an in-line fuel filter. Maybe we get cleaner gasoline in the states.:cheesy:

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
My 2005 owner's manual (US) says to change the fuel filter at 90,000 mi.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
This has been hashed out in the past, there is no inline filter in US Spec cars. The Filter is integral to the Fuel Pump assembly.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Rayban33 said:
Not quite sure why auto parts sold me an external filter. Guess it is going back. lol

Rayban:nono;
I'll bet you asked for it....it shows up in parts books so they assume US cars use it. Several old threads on guys going nuts trying to find where to put it.:)

·
Registered
943 Posts
I wasn't aware that US cars didn't have fuel filters. I was given the understanding that only 2003 cars had the filters inside the fuel tank with the fuel pump.

Hope you don't have a choked filter. I changed mine out last week and car does feel a bit more responsive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts