SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fiddling around trying to find a rattle from underneath the trunk, I believe I managed to isolate the source. It seems the fuel filler neck/hose has come loose. I believe there should be a bolt holding it to the body/frame underneath the car just inside the passenger side rear wheel.

Part #92152212 I believe. I am hoping to source this locally to avoid paying $10+ on shipping for $2 bolt. Any body have info on size or thread for this, or any pointers on the matter?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Saab used a plastic bolt for that, for some reason. It seems to shear off pretty easily. I believe that it's an M8x1.25 bolt. The length isn't all that important, since it goes into the frame, if I remember right. I want to say the original is about 25-30mm long. The advantage to it being plastic is that it was a piece of cake to drill the broken bolt shank out on one of my cars. The parts that didn't get drilled out came out with a small pick.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saab used a plastic bolt for that, for some reason. It seems to shear off pretty easily. I believe that it's an M8x1.25 bolt. The length isn't all that important, since it goes into the frame, if I remember right. I want to say the original is about 25-30mm long. The advantage to it being plastic is that it was a piece of cake to drill the broken bolt shank out on one of my cars. The parts that didn't get drilled out came out with a small pick.
Ended up ordering a new part, added it on to a separate order. You were spot on w/ bolt size and length.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have solved my rattle. Is there some other bolt or connection that may be the culprit? Something else that has come loose?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
May not be your situation but I chased a rattle from the rear in my '08 9-5 4D for several months. Inspected or replaced exhaust hangers, shock bushings, rear parcel shelf fasteners, spare tire mount, and rear seat latches - all without success. Turns out there was play in the plastic clips on the trunk hinges. Hard to explain but they are black and fastened to each hinge and are designed to cushion the trunk struts' movement when the trunk is closed. They were worn/compressed so that the front of the trunk moved slightly on bumps causing the rattle. As a kluge, I added a small adhesive-backed chair leg pad to the clip to take up the space...and this temporary fix has worked for the past two years. When and if the pad compresses or deteriorates, I'll put on another.

I think the plastic hinge clips are still available but I'm away from my laptop for a few days and can't easily pull up the part on my phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts