SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next to the fuel filler neck going into the gas tank there is a thin vacuum line connected by one of those stupid quick disconnect assemblies where you have to push the line in then press the assembly together then pull the line out. Yesterday while replacing a leaky rear shock on my 2001 9-3 I noticed this connection was broken. I went to see if I could get this piece at the dealership today, and the mechanic informed me that they do not sell that connection separately and I would have to buy the entire filler neck ($350 if I remember correctly). Has anyone had to replace this before? If so what did you do?

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Yeah:cheesy:
Imagine how many filler necks Saab, or any manufacturer , has sold in the last 100 years ....at that price !
Maybe some copper tubing and/or fuel line could do the trick...
I guess quick-disconnect is used to ease the "drop the fuel tank" task...

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
It sounds like the evap suction line.

If both pieces are flexible hose, you should be able to get some small diameter tubing at a hobby shop and join the hoses together. You might need to use some super glue or very small clips to keep the hoses together. If you need to use clips, melting a slight flat on the end of each hose might help.

Remember that the hoses carry a suction, not a pressure, that should hold the hoses together.

If one is broken right at the filler neck, some 2-part epoxy might hold it.

Did you get a CEL? If so, what was it? ... Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts