SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hitting fuel cut off,15.5 psi,under moderate to heavy acceleration, for the last 10 days, and finally found the problem, after adjusting the MBC out a full turn and few more clicks up on the A with no help. The waste gate valve was binding and almost stuck closed. I molylubed the shaft and arm coming out of the turbine housing where the WGA rod attaches and actutated the arm back and forth with a big screwdriver until it moved freely. Now have to fine tune the MBC+a adjustments back to previous settings.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Maybe I'll check this one mine. Lately I've been hitting in the cut a lot. But if I turn the mbc down it won't let me hold more than 14 psi. Just boost spikes probably.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
When the turbocharger was replaced on my '96 900 SET, I found out there are several things that might need servicing or tweaks, just not in the normal schedule because they are not done every 15 or 30k.

The waste gate actuator (I am assuming that is what "valve" means) was one of them, the BPC was another. There were a couple more. As it turned out, i started hitting fuel cuts within months, without a manual boost controller or any turbo mods, and the BPC needed blowing out with compressed air.

So, I assume that if someone adds a MBC to an older car, some things should be serviced at the same time, or at least expected to need some maintenance...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
True, but you take care of one of these elements because with a t5 you are bypassing the bpc when you install a mbc.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
stromer said:
True, but you take care of one of these elements because with a t5 you are bypassing the bpc when you install a mbc.
Thanks for pointing that out ;oops:

I was trying to say that although the MBC+A is undoubtedly a great mod, installation may require some care in other areas, and if the waste gate has to hold higher back pressure in the exhaust, to make more boost... some tiny bit of maintenance there would not be unexpected... there is no free lunch when it comes to boosting engines, just an ever growing choice of dishes on the menu... :cheesy:

·
Registered
832 Posts
tidewatersaabI have been hitting fuel cut off,15.5 psi,under moderate to heavy acceleration, for the last 10 days, and finally found the problem, after adjusting the MBC out a full turn and few more clicks up on the A with no help. The waste gate valve was binding and almost stuck closed. I molylubed the shaft and arm coming out of the turbine housing where the WGA rod attaches and actutated the arm back and forth with a big screwdriver until it moved freely. Now have to fine tune the MBC+a adjustments back to previous settings
ok im not quite following here, so you just lubed up where the wastegate rod meets the wastegate? Whats molylube?

Could you elaborate for the people that are not as smart! ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts