SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you still have the auto shift handle? I’m in need of just the handle assembly (front and back trim pieces and button). Shipping to 27587

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Additionally, while trying to harvest parts for my own 9-5, I discovered that the surrounds on the small drivers are dust at this point. Looks like I'll be having those repaired for my car...
you can repair them with re-foaming kits from speakerworks.com. They don't have one that is an exact fit but if you take the one that is just about the right size and cut a small chunk out of it you can bend it around and glue it to the cone. I've done dozens of them over the years.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
To replace the TWICE in another car you need the TWICE and at least one of the keys that are married to it. Othwerise it's a paperweight

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
you can repair them with re-foaming kits from speakerworks.com. They don't have one that is an exact fit but if you take the one that is just about the right size and cut a small chunk out of it you can bend it around and glue it to the cone. I've done dozens of them over the years.

To replace the TWICE in another car you need the TWICE and at least one of the keys that are married to it. Othwerise it's a paperweight
Excellent, thank you for the input. Those kits look fairly inexpensive too. We've got a guy nearby that does this for pretty cheap, according to a coworker, so I'll have something to compare by now.

And thanks for the note on the TWICE. This car came with two keys, so I can get rid of one with the TWICE and another with the ignition cylinder if someone needs one of those.

Do you still have the auto shift handle? I’m in need of just the handle assembly (front and back trim pieces and button). Shipping to 27587
I do still have these - I'll have to refresh myself on how to get this all apart, but give me a few days and I'll let you know. Shipping should be around $8, how's $22 sound for the set of trims and button, for $30 total?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Generally people buy the TWICE, the key(s), ignition cylinder and door lock cylinder as a package so that they have a key that fits their car if they're changing out the TWICE (becuase they lost their key) I'd keep them together as a package deal.

There's a small Torx screw between the lever and teh handle on the "front" of the shifter, take that out and the back comes off. Then take out the C-Clip and the other part pulls up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good to know unclemiltie, that makes sense.

Sweet, got it apart. I learned that the c-clip is very small and likes to bounce away from you, and that you can't shift unless all the electronics and battery are connected.

@packlax47 feel free to PM me if you'd like to proceed. I'll clean these up tonight, either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Excellent, thank you for the input. Those kits look fairly inexpensive too. We've got a guy nearby that does this for pretty cheap, according to a coworker, so I'll have something to compare by now.

And thanks for the note on the TWICE. This car came with two keys, so I can get rid of one with the TWICE and another with the ignition cylinder if someone needs one of those.

I do still have these - I'll have to refresh myself on how to get this all apart, but give me a few days and I'll let you know. Shipping should be around $8, how's $22 sound for the set of trims and button, for $30 total?
Sounds good. PM me when you’re ready. Thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts