SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD: 1982 SAAB 900 Turbo -$950

SOLD: 1982 SAAB 900 Turbo - VIN: YS3AT44S4C1020726

271,000 miles. Engine does not run. Car has not been registered in CA since 1993. Car will need to be towed away,

$950 o.b.o.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't see these very often. Technically, it's a MY 1982 1/2 since it's APC, and it's a special edition with body color wheels! Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't see these very often. Technically, it's a MY 1982 1/2 since it's APC, and it's a special edition with body color wheels! Good luck.
Thank you for the info. David, I appreciate it. I still remember my neighbor had a 87 900 spg(?) I could hear him driving all the way down the street. :) I remember the exhaust note sounded so exotic. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
422 Posts
A rare car, 25th anniversary model in slate gray metallic only. H engines through '82 had timing chain issues. If this has leather, then it has the special option group but without console not likely. Very much worth the asking price as paint appears to be original. Do not mess with the power antenna as it is one of a kind, not anything like the +'84 type. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A rare car, 25th anniversary model in slate gray metallic only. H engines through '82 had timing chain issues. If this has leather, then it has the special option group but without console not likely. Very much worth the asking price as paint appears to be original. Do not mess with the power antenna as it is one of a kind, not anything like the +'84 type. Good luck with the sale.
Thank you for the info. update on this car. So apparently it does not have the special option group, because it has cloth. Thank you for supporting the asking price. I didn't notice the power antenna design, I will take a closer look next time I am near the car. Thank you for wishing us well on the sale.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The antenna design is noticeable on the exterior by the location of the mast, which is closer to the edge & lower on the fender edge than a late '83 or newer model. When you remove the trunk liner which is complicated by the trunk light, you will find something that does not look remotely like the later model antenna motor & mast. This style was found on some American & Japanese cars in the early eighties as well as Saabs until mid '83. The later style will not mount unless a new hole is drilled. Wish I had a place for the car but no such luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The antenna design is noticeable on the exterior by the location of the mast, which is closer to the edge & lower on the fender edge than a late '83 or newer model. When you remove the trunk liner which is complicated by the trunk light, you will find something that does not look remotely like the later model antenna motor & mast. This style was found on some American & Japanese cars in the early eighties as well as Saabs until mid '83. The later style will not mount unless a new hole is drilled. Wish I had a place for the car but no such luck.
Thanks for elaborating on the antenna design Peter! I'll check it out next time I am near the car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paypal

I haven't received your PayPal deposit! lol PayPal deposit = dibs. :)
I'm in need of your information and phone number, address, etc. I sent a couple of emails.
Thanks. I appreciate the opp to buy this car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Un-dibs :(.

Waaay to costly to ship. Very sad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Un-dibs :(.

Waaay to costly to ship. Very sad.
LifetimeofSaabs,

According to an L.A. Saab club member a private shipper can deliver this 900 Turbo for about $1k. He said they can be found in Hemmings Motor News and in online vintage car blogs. :cheesy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
LifetimeofSaabs,

According to an L.A. Saab club member a private shipper can deliver this 900 Turbo for about $1k. He said they can be found in Hemmings Motor News and in online vintage car blogs. :cheesy:
Really?
I called several and lowest price was more than double that because it doesn't run. A running car is much less. Who is the LA guy? Please put him in touch with me. Because I would love to add that car to my collection for sentimental reasons - it's just that I can't justify 3200- 3500 for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really?
I called several and lowest price was more than double that because it doesn't run. A running car is much less. Who is the LA guy? Please put him in touch with me. Because I would love to add that car to my collection for sentimental reasons - it's just that I can't justify 3200- 3500 for it.
Yes, I know. The L.A. member is aware that this 900 Turbo does not run. I was surprised when he emailed me this news, that's why I replied to your post. Maybe shipping this 900 to NY is still possible. Out of respect for the L.A. member's privacy, I will introduce you two privately. Hopefully you can add this car to your collection for 1950-2350.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shipping

I ship cars, if you got a quote for 2000.00 that is ridiculous. You can ship that for about 1100.00-1300.00 depending on where you are in NY. INOPs are generally only 100-200.00 more to ship than an operable car.

The car would have to be able to be loaded by an 18 wheeler and winched on, so if it's in a tight neighborhood it could be a problem, same with the delivery end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts