SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a TD04L-14t and camshafts off of a 2005 9-3 aero with 112k miles on them. Everything in picture is included. $100 plus shipping. Located in Dayton Ohio.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
no

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have my attention, should I change out the stock cams? If so to what? Do you have? I'm new to working on turbocharged power trains but I've had plenty of time busting knuckles under hoods. Also this is my first Saab and I fell in love with the OG style and innovative thinking in their designs so I want to see where I can eek out some ponies. (imagine if you dug around every couch cushion you sat on the past 5 years and what you've accumulated is the kind of budget I've got for this sorta thing right now, so please keep that in mind) and thank you for educating me and assisting me in making my Saab even more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have my attention, should I change out the stock cams? If so to what? Do you have? I'm new to working on turbocharged power trains but I've had plenty of time busting knuckles under hoods. Also this is my first Saab and I fell in love with the OG style and innovative thinking in their designs so I want to see where I can eek out some ponies. (imagine if you dug around every couch cushion you sat on the past 5 years and what you've accumulated is the kind of budget I've got for this sorta thing right now, so please keep that in mind) and thank you for educating me and assisting me in making my Saab even more enjoyable to drive.
If you want camshafts you need either t5 cams or b202. If you are doing either you will want a td04-15t minimal to see the best gains. There are t5 cams from the na motors and the boosted motors. The na motors have a longer duration. The b202 has the longest duration for any Saab motor that will work in the t7 head. I have sets of both and a turbo if you need them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well it looks like I need both, so can I get some package deal prices? What do you recommend? Basically - can you give me a list of what you think is the best quality parts to the worst, along with the prices?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts